This policy covers how PDF II will collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your data via our website. Please read this policy carefully and revisit this page regularly to review any changes that we have made. By using this website, you accept the terms of this policy and the terms and conditions on this website.
Introduction and general terms
PDF II is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
The PDF II website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will PDF II collect about me?
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and the username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of data collected include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates.
We also collect standard internet log information to track the behaviour of visitors to the PDF II website. We do this to receive information on activity such as the number of visitors to our site. This information is collected in a way which does not identify individuals. We make no attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website and we do not associate any data gathered from the site with any personally identifying information from any source.
We collect this standard information by using ‘cookies’.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of data, often including a unique identifier, which is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone web browser from a website’s computers and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
No cookies used on the PDF II website collect personal data.
Types of cookies used
The PDF II website uses the following Google Analytics analytical/performance cookies:
- The _gat cookie is used to limit the collection of analytics data on sites with a high volume of traffic; it expires after ten minutes.
- The _ga cookie is used to monitor and identify areas of the website that can be improved, and to distinguish users by generating two random 32-bit numbers for them; it expires after two years.
- The _gid cookie is used to distinguish users on a website to generate statistical information about their use of our website; it expires after one day.
- The _utma cookie is used to differentiate between users and sessions. Updated whenever new data is sent to Google Analytics; it expires after two years.
- The _utmb cookie is used to identify new sessions and visits. Updated whenever new data is sent to Google Analytics; it expires after 30 minutes.
- The _utmc cookie is used to ensure interoperability with out-of-date versions. Historically used in combination with _utmb to determine if a user was in a new session/visit; it expires after the session.
- The _utmt cookie is used to throttle the request rate; it expires after ten minutes.
- The _utmz cookie is used to keep track of the traffic source or campaign, revealing some information on how the user reached the website. Updated whenever new data is sent to Google Analytics; it expires after six months.
For more information, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
If you wish to disable Google Analytics on your browser please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout